Cornelius: Sensuaround: 12 music videos
For one week only (ends Thursday!) Pitchfork.tv is airing the entire DVD of Cornelius' Sensurround. It's 12 music videos, one for every song on his fantastic 2006 album Sensuous. Many of the Koichiro Tsujikawa videos have shown up on antville before; but rarely in any decent quality.
Not sure why there's no menu on Pitchfork; here are the individual links:
- "Sensuous" Dir: Koichiro Tsujikawa
- "Fit Song" Dir: Koichiro Tsujikawa
- "Breezin" Dir: Koichiro Tsujikawa
- "Toner" Dir: Takagi Masakatsu
- "Watariodori" Dir: Groovisions
- "Gum" Dir: Koichiro Tsujikawa
- "Scum" Dir: ?
- "Omstart" Dir: Koichiro Tsujikawa
- "Beep It" Dir: Koichiro Tsujikawa
- "Like A Rolling Stone" Dir: Koichiro Tsujikawa
- "Music" Dir: Koichiro Tsujikawa
- "Sleep Warm" Dir: Koichiro Tsujikawa
UPDATE. p4k knickertwist. no more free linkcandy.
- "Fit Song"
- "Beep It"
- "Like A Rolling Stone"
- "Sleep Warm"
Looks like everyone's taking a stock break from antville... (whistles a fancy ol tune while things work themselves out..)
Haven't economic hard times historically been boons for musical diversion?
Thanks for the post. That first one is really good.
I liked the one with the mouths that was some niffty box animation
maaan i love Koichiro Tsujikawa. if i were able, i'd have his babies.
anyone know if dvd is coming out PAL/region 2?
wooooooh! thankyou. and for £12.99? i nearly pooped myself with joy.
Koichiro Tsujikawa is really brilliant. I'm curious if he's interested in pursuing an International music video directing career. Or rather, why hasn't someone like a Björk or Radiohead contacted him to do a single?
Also: I wonder how these things were funded. Were they low budget? Or is Cornelius a huge seller, commanding impressive budgets? "Fit Song" alone would cost a fortune without any favors.