Antville Classic Posts (archive page)
- a picture (or two) is worth a thousand words, for (and from) Keith Schofield. (18 November '09)
- "say 'good night' kevin." "good night kevin." (27 March '09)
- director rechristened - general mirth ensues. (2 March '09)
- the death of the director? (16 May '08)
- accusations fly - and originality is given the twice(!)-over - for Dougal's hippity-hop. (1 April '08)
- an exective producer becomes a commissioner? Behold antville's Pellow-fight. (6 Nov '06)
- Hype Williams' $3 million Janet Jackson video gets torn apart by antville, revealing many fun facts. (5 Sept '06)
- clearly unethical production house behavior drags yet another director onto antville (1 Aug '06) - or should that read: clearly unethical director drags antville into... a bit of a scam?
- Johan Kramer tries to pull a fast one with a great vid marketing campaign, but Antville doesn't bite (23 June '06)
- (N.B. Jenkins asked for these pages to be deleted.) Brett-Patrick Jenkins asks: Is Antville Racist? to which Antville responds: Is Brett-Patrick Jenkins Racist? (09 Apr '06). Brief rehash. (11 April '07)
- a decried ripoff sees antville regress (all too graphically) into the international frat-house of promos. (21 Mar '06)
- a lurker calls kevathens/antville to the mat after a Dave Meyers dis - then Dave(?) responds. (14 Mar '06)
- a quick Waverly spat degenerates into a raunchy photoshopping contest. (22 Feb '06)
- it had to happen: antvillers decree the "all-time best music video evar" (9 Feb '06)
- tits, wits and a director's cÃ´terie outed - read all about Jaron's Sexy Results... (2 Feb '06)
- a lame baile funk clip occasions a dispute in ethnomusicology. (27 Jan '06)
- the post (31 Dec '05) that spawned videoville (24 Jan. '06); some throes of labour; and its collective christening (8 Jan '06)
- if antville had a say, these would be the next in line for a Directors Label Series DVD. (5 Jan '06)
- antville awards 2005: best video. (13 Dec '05)
- antville awards 2005: worst video. (13 Dec '05)
- after Dawkins got dissed by Bloomberg and others, he issued another roll call (10-11 Nov '05)
- antville's collective memory collates a definitive list of the "one-take" videos. (10-11 Nov '05)
- first Universal starts charging to have videos aired, then Apple releases the iPod with video and starts selling music videos on iTMS - the antville community reacts, and even attracts a call to arms by a new-founded Music Video Directors Alliance. (20 Sep to 3 Nov '05)
- rise and fall of teh Gorilliez (Aug-Sep '05) Their delirium is now safely contained here and here, but beware: these kids are still actively planning a revenge attack on antville!
- the controversial Idiot Pilot thread whose backlinks include the google search for "gay emo boys fucking" and posts like "I'm gay you asshole. It's one of those situations where I'm allowed to say it and your [sic] not." (5 Aug '05)
- Yahweh him/her-self joins in the comments on antville (and captainmarc is portrayed as a shoe salesman) (26 Jul '05)
- antville, please meet Martin de Thurah... (8 Apr '05)
- a spontaneous roll call has some folks... changing their briefs (5 Apr '05)
- can the pfadfinderei convert a mountain goat? read all about it, as vj-ing takes the full antville brunt (6 Feb '05). aftershocks also on record.
- in comments on work from one of the two Daniels, none less than Aristotle, Warhol and Ghandi, alongside the entire directorial spectrum from Bergman to Kubrick to Viola, is called to the witness stand (includes a free bonus symbolic analysis of Street Spirit). (11 Nov '04)
- antville is born! see the first post from the first day of stories (8 Aug '02)
Yep! All good, tho I only read half of it so far
Might wanna re-edit the "Is Antville Racist?" 'n "Is Brett-Patrick Jenkins Racist?" links Kev, they's no shows!
Nice one. I think the Janet Jackson video was overdone and overhyped and at $3M it could have been done way better. Just my 2 cents.